Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Career Opportunities

I finally had some time to actually eat out for dinner tonight. Serrano's Mexican restaurant seemed like the best place to mix with the locals and the transients.

As expected, since I was by myself I ended up getting seated at the back of the restaurant. When I pulled out my notebook to reflect upon the day, I had moment of inspiration. I've noticed several times tonight that the staff have been watching me write in my notebook. So tonight, as revenge for being put in a corner, I am a food critic.

Dinner was Buffalo Tacos with Chipotle sauce and Moose Drool Brown Ale from Big Sky Brewing Co. Both were quite surprising. The tacos were much better than expected and quite filling. The Beer was good as well. It had a lot more flavor than I was expecting, malty, with a chocolate finish. It was much more reminiscent of a porter than your typical brown ale. Delicious!

No comments: